I suggest you ...

allow user to enter a new category if an accurate one does not exist.

As of now there are not categories for every species on the planet. So, allow the user to add categories! For instance, I saw a Five-Lined Skink, and I would like to add that as a category. Instead, I have to mark it as simply a lizard, which is too general. Thanks!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lida shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it's possible to enter a species, but it's not possible to add your own category, which is what I was suggesting. I tried entering Skink or Five-Lined Skink as a category for my observation, but I had to opt for either no category or simply "Lizard."

Also, it's impossible to search for my entry, because when I enter one of the tags I added into the search box I get the message "No categories match 'skink'."

Also, another bug occurs when I try to clear the category box for my entry. I delete the contents, but when I click out of the box it just reverts to the category which was previously chosen.

Thanks!

• AdminAdam Jack (Admin, wildobs) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this to be possible already. On the website simply enter the species name into the 'what' field and leave the species (AKA category) field empty. On the iPhone on the species tab press the + (top right) button to add a new species.

Feedback and Knowledge Base